Apple Baker Recipe
Core apple. Peel apple, if you desire. Place the apple onto stem in dish. Put 1 Tbsp. of butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar on top of the apple. Bake in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes before removing from the microwave (as dish will be very hot and apple will continue to cook for a few minutes). After cooking, you can top with nuts, ice cream, crumbled oatmeal cookies, or your own favorite topping.
Time to enjoy!!
**You can also bake in the oven instead of the microwave. Place dish with apple into a COLD oven and set temperature to 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Chicken Cooker Recipe
1. Remove giblets and neck (if any) from chicken (3 1/2 to 4 lbs.) cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out with water.
2. Fill the well (cup) in the center of cooker with your favorite beverage (beer, soda, or our favorite--white wine). Add 1 Tbsp. of seasonings (a garlic clove, sprig of rosemary, or other herb blend) into the well. The liquid and seasonings will flavor the chicken with the steam produced during cooking. Then, rub a dry seasoning inside and outside of the chicken.
3. Place the chicken cavity (butt) over the well with the legs pointing down inside the cooker. Make sure the chicken is pushed down securely.
4. Place cooker with chicken into a COLD oven. Cook at 350 degrees F, uncovered for 1 and 3/4 to 2 hours--depending upon your oven. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer (180 degrees F).
5. Be careful handling the hot cooker and chicken. Use potholders and be aware of counter tops that are not heat resistant. Let chicken rest (stand) for a few minutes to cook before serving. We usually use tongs to pull the tender meat off for serving. Enjoy!!
4 oz. Cream cheese
4 oz. Sour cream
1 1/2 Tbs. Green onion (chopped fine)
1 tsp. Dry dillweed
2 dashes Salt and pepper to taste
Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and allow to soften. Once softened, mix together all ingredients. Chill over night in refrigerator. Serve with French bread or crackers.
Shrimp and Corn Chowder
1 red bell pepper--chopped
1 med. onion--chopped
2 cans corn--15 oz each (drained)
1 can chicken broth--14.5 oz
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 pint half & half
1/4 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
12 oz Shrimp (sm or med size)(peeled/deveined)